Call for Entries
For 2018, ArtReach is changing our annual fundraising auction to a juried exhibition of original artwork limited to one square foot in size. We are xcited for this change and look forward to seeing new work created under these parameters! This is an opportunity for artists to showcase their work among a juried selection, gain visibility to local arts collectors and enthusiasts and support the arts in the St. Croix Valley region of Wisconsin and Minnesota.
March 1 12”x12” blank canvases and 12”x12”x4” shadow boxes available for pick-up
April 20 Artwork submissions due by 12 noon.
see submission guidelines below
April 25 Artists will be notified of the jury decisions.
May 11 Online gallery will be live and event postcard with select images will be mailed.
June 14 ArtReach St. Croix One Square Foot Auction
6-9pm at JX Event Venue, 123 Second Street N., Stillwater, MN 55082
- Entries are accepted in painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, mixed media, assemblage, jewelry, glass, ceramics, fibers, wood and metal.
- One entry per artist.
- Art should have a retail value no lower than $150 (Bidding will begin approx. 1/3 the value of the piece)
- Artwork must not exceed one square foot for 2-d work and one cubic foot for 3-d work. Total size of framed 2-d artwork may exceed these parameters slightly, but should not be any smaller than one square foot. Artwork smaller than one square foot, such as jewelry, should be displayed or mounted on a 12”x12” board, canvas, frame or shadow box.
- Work must be framed, wired, pre-assembled and ready to hang. If there is a complicated installation, plan to assist with setup on Thursday, June 14.
- Artwork must be submitted with the provided submission label that indicates artist name, title of piece, medium and price.
- Artwork is subject to a jury panel for consideration in the auction. Jurors are not staff members or affliates of ArtReach St. Croix.
ArtReach will not consider work that has been exhibited in the last year or with a retail value less than $150.
- Deadline to submit artwork for jury consideration is Friday, April 20 at 12 noon
- Artwork may be submitted for jury review in one of two ways:
- Digitally: Use the online submission form found here. You will need to provide 1-3 high quality, high resolution images of the work. Each image should be at least 1MB but preferably 2MB (12”x12” image at 150ppi)
- In Person: Original, completed artwork may be dropped off at ArtReach St. Croix, 224 N. 4th Street, Stillwater, MN 55082. Original artwork should be accompanied by a completed submission form.
- Whether submitted digitally or in person, artwork submission should include a description of the piece (approximately 85 words) and an artist bio (150 words or less).
This auction is a fundraiser for ArtReach St. Croix. However, we are invested in supporting artists for their work. You may choose between fully donating the proceeds from the auction of your piece to ArtReach or splitting the proceeds, with 40% going to you and 60% going to ArtReach. Your choice has no impact on the jury’s selection of exhibition artwork.
All artwork will be reviewed by a jury of three members of the St. Croix Valley arts community. These jurors are not staff, affiliates or regular volunteers of ArtReach St. Croix. The jury will meet in late April to select 50 pieces of original art to be auctioned off at the One Square Foot event on June 14.
2018 One Square Foot jurors are: Morgan Clifford, textile artist; Ruth Misenko, owner of Seasons on St. Croix Gallery in Hudson; and Sharon Weiser, award winning oil painter.
Buy One Get One Offer
All applicants are invited to take part in our Buy One Get One Admission offer. Tickets for the ArtReach St. Croix Auction are $35 in advance or $40 at the door. Applicants are invited to purchase tickets ahead of time for $35 for two tickets. This will allow you to bring a friend or significant other with you to this celebration of art in the St. Croix Valley. Your participation in this offer has no impact on the jury’s selection of exhibition artwork.
Call Syndie or Alana at 651-439-1465 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org