ArtReach St. Croix is looking to fill the following part-time position:
Mobile Art Gallery Activator
This year, a new mobile art venue has hit the road and ArtReach St. Croix is looking for a few good Activators to engage the public during the fall art fairs. This will be a great fit for an artist, mature student, musician, or other community activist.
Activators must be self-starters with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Primary responsibilities include:
1) Representing ArtReach and the arts in the St. Croix Valley at community events
2) Implementing activities that engage the public with this mobile, outdoor art space.
3) Communicate with small team of Mobile Art Gallery staff, volunteers and event hosts.
4) Moving the Mobile Art Gallery around the Valley (with help) and setting-up, tearing-down and securing the mobile venue.
5) Regularly communicating via text, emails and social media.
Running the Mobile Art Gallery does not take a lot of specific knowledge, but it does take a high-level of comfort with public engagement and a lot of enthusiasm for the arts in the St. Croix Valley.
- Experience working with social media necessary
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to problem solve in diverse environments,
- Must be highly dependable, friendly, professional and able to work effectively in a small, nimble nonprofit setting
Eight to sixteen hours per week at $12-$15/hour. Immediate start with hours through mid-October. Most events take place on evenings and weekends. To apply send a letter of interest to Heather Rutledge firstname.lastname@example.org
ArtReach connects students with artists and organizations that have internship positions available. For more information on finding an internship or listing one, email email@example.com.